Hamilton Convention Centre 1 Summers Ln, Hamilton
Friday, March 3, 2023
Notice of the 2023 Ontario Young Liberals Annual General Meeting
In accordance with Article 13 of the Constitution of the Ontario Young Liberals (OYL), NOTICE is hereby given of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Ontario Young Liberals to elect its officers, and to conduct the annual business of the OYL.
DATE: Friday, March 3rd-5th, 2023
TIME: March 3rd @5PM – March 5th @2PM
LOCATION: Hamilton Convention Centre
1 Summers Ln, Hamilton
The AGM will take place as part of the proceeding of the Annual Meeting of the Ontario Liberal Party (OLP), taking place between March 3 and March 5, 2023. One must be a registered attendee of the Annual Meeting of OLP to attend the OYL AGM.
Pursuant to section 8.24 of the OLP Constitution, all OLP members (inclusive of OYL members) who have paid the registration fee are entitled to attend the annual meeting.
The registration fees, as follows, are payable to the Ontario Liberal Party.
- $ 75.00 – If payments are received on or before Friday, January 27, 2023
- $ 125.00 – If payments are received after Friday, January 27, 2023
Attending the OYL AGM and OLP Annual Meeting as Voting Delegates
OYL members who wish to attend the AGM as a voting delegate for their OYL Riding Club, OYL Student Club, or constituency association must give their notice of intention to stand as a delegate by registering at https://ontarioliberal.ca/2023-olp-agm-registration/ on or before Monday, January 30, 2023.
Please indicate which club/association you wish to stand as a delegate for during the registration process. In order to be eligible to file a notice of intention, an individual must be a current member of the association/club at the time of the filing of the notice.
(Members who registered after January 30, 2023 will be automatically slated as alternate delegates, with the opportunity to be promoted to full voting delegates subject to availability.)
Election of Executive Board
In accordance with Article 7.1.1 of the OYL Constitution, the following OYL Executive Board positions shall be elected at the OYL Annual General Meeting:
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President Organization
- Communications Director
- Policy Director
- Student Director
- Riding Director
- Community Engagement Director
- Northern Regional Coordinator
- Eastern Regional Coordinator
- Ottawa Regional Coordinator
- GTA North Regional Coordinator
- GTA Central Regional Coordinator
- GTA East Regional Coordinator
- Golden Horseshoe Regional Coordinator
- Southwestern Regional Coordinator
Such notice shall include:
- the candidate’s name, residential address, email address, and telephone number;
- the position for which such candidate seeks nomination;
- OYL Riding Club, OYL Student Club, or constituency association(s) in which the candidate holds membership in.
Proposal to Amend the OYL Constitution
In accordance with Article 4.3 of the OYL Constitution, the OYL Constitution may be amended at the OYL AGM.
Any proposed amendments to the OYL Constitution must be received by the Chief Returning Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm on Friday February 16, 2023. Please include your full contact information when submitting an amendment.