The Ontario Liberal Party is looking for a Manager of Field Operations to lead our field program up to and through the next provincial election. You will drive outreach to voters and volunteers through canvassing, events, and association meetings. You will be the main point of contact at the Party office for association presidents, working with them to develop their executive teams, connect with donors to raise funds, and recruit volunteers. You will work together with our volunteer team of regional vice presidents to facilitate engagement in the ridings.
You will have significant flexibility on work location but must be able to work from the Party office 1-2 days per week and to travel to ridings as necessary.
- Organize teams centrally and in the ridings to facilitate engagement with the Party, our members, and voters
- Hire and manage other field staff at the Party office as the team grows, including a team of summer interns
- Support ridings in creating expertise and resources for canvassing, volunteer recruitment, and event planning
- Organize “Days of Action,” and other outreach events by recruiting and training volunteers to connect with members and voters by phone and at the door
- Provide training and support for local teams on Liberalist (our custom voter contact CRM tool)
- Support riding associations in their fundraising efforts by helping them understand their existing donor base, identifying potential donors, and creating outreach plans and events to raise funds
- Assist ridings in understanding their obligations under the Elections Ontario rules and Party constitution and rules
- Consult with riding associations to conduct their annual general meetings
- Assist in the planning and execution of Party events including its annual general meeting, fundraisers, and conferences
- Assist in the field organization for by-elections
- Two to three years of field organizing experience (paid or volunteer) with parties or campaigns
- Some experience in managing people, either in a formal capacity or as a mentor or team lead
- Proficient with Liberalist
- Solid understanding of data-driven voter contact strategies
- Excellent people skills
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple concurrent projects
- English fluency required; French an asset
- Driver’s license helpful
The role reports to the Executive Director.
Salary and Benefits
Benefits package including drug, dental, and vision.
Salary range: $55,000 – $65,000 per year.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should email a resume or LinkedIn link to Mandy Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short note in the body of the email outlining your specific qualifications and interest.