When does the Ontario Liberal Party Summer Internship Program begin?
- The Ontario Liberal Party Summer Internship Program begins on May 31st and concludes on August 23rd. This is a full-time position and you must be available to work for the full duration of the Internship.
Is this a virtual internship?
- Yes. Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Ontario Liberal Party Summer Internship Program will be offered online in order to comply with public health measures and ensure safety.
What does virtual internship mean?
- A virtual internship requires individuals to work remotely or from home. This provides individuals with the unique opportunity to gain new and important political experience without needing to relocate from their current residency.
Will I have the opportunity to work in-person?
- No. Because of the ongoing public health crisis you must be able to work remotely. If during the internship public health measures allow for in-person work, you will not be expected to relocate. In the event that public health guidelines allow for safe physical activities, additional opportunities may arise for events/opportunities local to the successful candidate’s residence, but these will be handled on a case-by-case basis and we will always put public health guidelines and health and safety of the candidate above all else.
Is this a paid internship?
- Yes, we are looking to hire talented individuals to join our team on a full-time basis for the Summer.
What will I be doing?
- Interns will have the opportunity to be trained on, and then apply, best practices for field organizing and local campaigning, as well as explore and refine new skill sets. You will also support our Ontario Liberal team while learning more about the differences between political roles, and hear, firsthand, from experienced political operatives and politicians over the course of the program.
Which address should I provide?
- If you are a student living away from home while attending a post-secondary institution, please provide your permanent and legal address as indicated on your Driver’s License or Ontario Photo Card.
I am an international student/foreign resident, can I apply?
- Only candidates who reside in Ontario, have a valid address in Ontario, and who are eligible to work in Canada may apply. If you are an international student or foriegn resident and you meet these requirements, you are welcome to apply!
Do I have to be a full-time student to apply?
- No! While the majority of our applicants are post-secondary students there is no requirement to be currently enrolled in full or part-time studies. We welcome all talented individuals to join our team.
What is the age limit to apply for the Internship?
- No! We are looking for dedidated and politically interested youth to join our team who have completed high school and are either in the process of completing a post-secondary education, about to begin one, or have completed one within the last year.
Are references required?
- Yes, please provide two references with contact information on your resume. References will be checked so we ask that you ensure the contact information is correct.
When will you contact successful candidates?
- Applications for the Ontario Liberal Party Summer Internship Program will close on May 16th. Because of the expected high volume of applicants, only successful applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview.
Who can I contact if I have further questions?
- If you have any questions regarding the application process that are not answered by our FAQ page, you can email email@example.com and we would be happy to help. Please note, while we strive to answer all inquiries, we may not be able to reply to every individual due to the high-volume of requests. This FAQ page will be regularly updated during the application process, so please check back here often.