TORONTO – Steven Del Duca has announced new critic roles for the Ontario Liberal Caucus.
“As we head into the legislature on Tuesday with two new MPPs it was important to assign new roles and responsibilities to take advantage of the incredible talent we have,” said Del Duca.
Lucille Collard and Stephen Blais won by elections and will ask their first questions in the legislature on Tuesday.
The new critic roles are:
- Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Government and Consumer Services
- Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
- Attorney General
- Women’s Issues
- Solicitor General
- Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
- Labour, Training and Skills Development
- Children, Community and Social Services
- Anti-Racism Directorate
- House Leader
- Health and Long-term Care
- Intergovernmental Affairs
- Seniors Affairs and Accessibility
- Northern Development and Mines
- Natural Resources and Forestry
- Treasury Board
- Democratic Renewal and Electoral Reform
- Francophone Affairs
- Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries
- Small Business and Red Tape Reduction
- Colleges and Universities
The new critics will assume responsibilities immediately. John Fraser will remain as House Leader.
“John has done a tremendous job in the house leading our caucus. I’m pleased he will stay in his job as House Leader and I look forward to working with him and our entire caucus to hold the government to account.”