Where Is The Second Wave Plan?

SUDBURY – Ontario Liberal Party Leader, Steven Del Duca issued the following statement in response to new restrictions on large gatherings:

“Today’s announcement is a good first step, but far more is needed.”

“On July 14 Ford said there would be a second wave but for some reason he still doesn’t have a plan.”

“Instead, we see long wait times for testing – and Ontarians are being turned away after spending hours in line.”

“Even federal Conservative Leader, Erin O’Toole can confirm that Doug Ford isn’t doing enough on testing.  The Conservative Leader of the Opposition was turned away from getting tested in Ontario after the line was too long. So he went to Quebec where he was tested right away.”

“Our healthcare system is being overwhelmed and the Premier isn’t doing anything about it.”

“Ford’s refusal to invest in the health and safety of Ontarians is alarming. Since the beginning of this pandemic, Ford’s total investment amounts to just 3 percent of all money spent, while the federal government has been picking up the bill for the remaining 97 per cent.”

“On the second wave plan, the unsafe return to school, unacceptably long lines for testing and so much more, Ford could make a meaningful impact if only he was willing to invest the needed funds.” 

“We don’t need more photo ops from the Premier, we need a plan.”

-30-

Doug Ford Must Not Appeal the Court Ruling that Declares his Wage-Capping Bill 124 Unconstitutional

QUEEN’S PARK – John Fraser, MPP for Ottawa South and Interim Leader of the Ontario Liberal Party, has released the…

Read More

Conservative Government Continues to Undermine our Critical Public Services: MPP Bowman

QUEEN’S PARK – Stephanie Bowman, MPP for Don Valley West and Ontario Liberal Finance critic, has released the following statement…

Read More

Ford Moves to Subvert our Democracy with Bill 39: MPP Blais

QUEEN’S PARK – Stephen Blais, MPP for Orléans and Ontario Liberal Critic for Municipal Affairs and Housing, has released the…

Read More