TORONTO – Four years ago, Ford’s Conservatives promised Ontarians that he would reduce their hydro bills by 12 per cent and instead hydro bills have increased by four per cent since the Conservatives took office in 2018.
“Ford’s broken promises are costing Ontarians more and more money,” charged John Fraser, MPP for Ottawa South. “Everything Doug Ford is doing in the final days of his government is a political ploy for his reelection campaign and isn’t worth anymore than the last promise he broke.”
With an election taking place in just under two months, Doug Ford and his Conservatives have a long list of broken promises they made in the last election.
“Enough is enough, the Ford forgeries have to end,” continued Fraser.
- In contrast, the Ontario Liberals have a real plan that will:
- Replace the minimum wage with a living wage to offer dignity to Ontarians.
- Give hard hit small businesses a break from corporate taxes for a full two years to help them recover from the pandemic.
- Provide parents with childcare payments retroactive to January 1st – an average of $2,750 per child
- Also offer parents a $10 per day program for before- and after-school care by this upcoming September.