2019 Ontario Liberal Party AGM June 7-9, 2019, International Centre, Mississauga
Now more than ever, you have the power to shape the future of the Ontario Liberal Party. Register to attend the 2019 Ontario Liberal Party Annual General Meeting now!
In accordance with Article 8 of the Constitution of the Ontario Liberal Party, the OLP Executive Council has set Friday June 7th, 2019, at 6:45 pm as the time for the commencement of the 2019 Ontario Liberal Party Annual General Meeting (“AGM”), continuing through Sunday, June 9th, 2019. The meeting will take place in Mississauga, Ontario at the International Centre (6900 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1E8).
The fee for delegates and alternates will be $450.00 regular, $275.00 for seniors, $275.00 for youth and $125.00 for students. The rate for observers is $1,200.00.
The early bird rate for delegates is no longer available as of May 10.
Special rates for hotel rooms at the Westin and the Four Points by Sheraton are now expired.
If you are a member of the media and you wish to attend our AGM, email email@example.com to register.
Note: All sessions, timing and locations are subject to change. Voting procedures for constitutional amendments and candidate elections may also cause the agenda to change.
Friday, June 7, 2019
|5:30 pm – 9:30 pm||Registration|
|6:00 pm – 6:40pm||Provincial Council|
|6:00 pm – 6:40 pm||Session for First Time Attendees|
|6:45 pm – 7:15 pm||Opening Ceremonies with AGM Co-Chairs Harinder Malhi and Nathan Gravelle
Greetings from Honourable Navdeep Bains
Greetings from Mayor Bonnie Crombie
|7:15 pm – 8:00 pm||Honouring Our Past – presentation honouring past leaders of the Ontario Liberal Party|
|8:00 pm – 8:30 pm||Keynote speech and announcement by Interim Leader John Fraser|
|8:30 pm – 9:30 pm||Welcome Reception|
Saturday, June 8, 2019
|7:30 am – 10:30 am||Registration|
|8:00 am – 8:30 am||Executive Council Speeches|
|8:30 am – 10:30 am||Constitutional Amendments|
|10:30 am – 11:45 am||Coffee Available|
|10:45 am – 12:30 pm||Constitutional Amendments (continued)|
|12:30 pm – 1:30 pm||Lunch (In Memoriam and Volunteer of the Year awards)|
|1:30 pm – 2:30 pm||Leadership Open Mic|
|2:45 pm – 4:15 pm||Regional Meetings
(Speeches for Regional VP positions will take place in these sessions)
To find out which region your riding is now in, visit: https://ontarioliberal.ca/1310-2/
|3:15 pm – 3:45 pm||Coffee Available|
|3:15 pm – 7:00 pm||Voting|
|4:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Ontario Women’s Liberal Commission AGM|
|5:00 pm – 6:30 pm||Red Trillium Club Reception|
Sunday, June 9, 2019
|8:00 am – 10:00 am||Voting for Executive Council Elections|
|8:00 am – 9:00 am||Breakfast|
|8:30 am – 9:00 am||Plenary Session for Policy Workshops|
|9:00 am – 11:00 am||Policy Workshops
Health Care Today and Tomorrow
Moderator: Damien O’Brien
Securing our Future Prosperity
Moderator: Karim Bardeesey
Education: Investing in Ontario’s Future
Moderator: Jo-Ann Davis, 2018 OLP Candidate, University-Rosedale and Senior Associate, Leman Group
Climate Change – Where do we go from here?
Moderator: Chris Ballard, former MPP, Newmarket-Aurora and Minister for Environment and Climate Change
|11:30 am||AGM Closing Ceremonies and Announcement of Executive Council Election Results|
|April 18||Last date to notify OLP office of your DEM date and location|
|May 3||Last date to hold a Delegate Election Meeting|
|May 8||Deadline to submit proposed constitutional amendments to the Secretary of the Ontario Liberal Party|
|May 10||Deadline to qualify for early bird delegate rates. NOTE: Payment must be received by this date, after which delegate fees will increase. Note that there will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the cut-off date for the early fee, so please ensure you hold your DEM well before May 10th so that your delegates have time to register for the early fee.|
|May 17||Deadline to file written notice the Executive Director of the Ontario Liberal Party declaring candidacy for an Executive Council position. ALSO deadline to submit the name of riding’s Volunteer of the Year, and In Memoriam (if applicable)|
|May 21||Deadline to get the special rate for hotel rooms at The Westin Toronto Airport Hotel. Reservations may be made by calling 866-837-5184.|
|June 5||Online registration deadline|
Delegate Election Meetings
The deadline to hold delegate selection meetings has passed.
If you have questions, please contact David Hehn, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking election as an Officer
The following candidates have been will be acclaimed at the 2019 AGM as they are uncontested:
Brian Johns (York-Simcoe)
Jackie Choquette (Ottawa Centre)
Ryan Singh (Scarborough North)
Kimia Ghorban (Scarborough-Agincourt)
Ferdinando Longo (Durham)
Damien O’Brien (Ottawa Centre)
Regional VP Central East
Richard Lloyd (Whitby)
Regional VP Central North
Vito Totino (King-Vaughan)
Regional VP Eastern
Roger Martin (Lanark-Frontenac-Kingston)
Regional VP Northern
Tay Butt (Sudbury)
Regional VP South Central
Doug Varley (Waterloo)
The remaining positions will be contested at the AGM in Mississauga by the following candidates:
Ian GlynWilliams (Scarborough-Rouge Park)
Tim Shortill (Mississauga-Lakeshore)
Ibrahim Daniyal (Pickering-Uxbridge)
Lawrence Dawkins (Scarborough-Guildwood)
Regional VP Central West
Natalie Hart (Mississauga-Lakeshore)
Mika Nummelin (Oakville)
Luka Stevanovic (Mississauga-Malton)
Regional VP South West
Chadi Abdullah (Windsor West)
Justin Falconer (Windsor-Tecumseh)
Regional VP Toronto (Etobicoke/Downtown/East York)
Li Koo (Toronto-Danforth)
Corinne Muccilli (Parkdale-High Park)
Regional VP Toronto (York North/York/Scarborough)
John Cockerill (Don Valley East)
Abhi Shah (Scarborough-Guildwood)
Hanif Uddin (Scarborough Southwest)
The Report of the Constitutional Committee has been completed and can be downloaded by clicking here.
Delegates and Attendees
The following excerpts are from the Ontario Liberal Party Constitution, outlining who may attend the Ontario Liberal Party Annual General Meeting, as a delegate or member.
8.13 The following persons shall be entitled to accreditation as elected delegates:
- fifteen (15) delegates elected by each constituency association in addition to the constituency association President, of whom:
- at least three (3) shall be under the age of twenty-six (26) and, if there is an Ontario Young Liberal Club affiliated with the constituency association, these three (3) delegates shall be elected by the Ontario Young Liberal Club; and, in addition,
- at least three (3) shall be women; and, in addition,
- at least three (3) shall be men;
- five (5) delegates elected by each Ontario Young Liberal Student Club; and,
- two (2) delegates elected by each Women’s Liberal Club recognized by the Executive Council, provided that the delegate and electors are members in good standing of the Ontario Liberal Party.
8.14 For each delegate elected, the association or organization that elected the delegate may also elect an alternate delegate.
8.15 Each of the following shall be entitled to accreditation as delegates ex-officio if he or she is a member in good standing of an Affiliated Association:
- the President of each constituency association;
- the President of each Ontario Young Liberal Riding Club;
- the President of each Ontario Young Liberal Student Club;
- the President of each Women’s Liberal Club;
- every member of Provincial Council, who is not otherwise accredited; (see sections 6.1 and 6.2)
- the members of the Executive of the Ontario Young Liberals;
- the five Table Officers of the Ontario Women’s Liberal Commission;
- every Liberal Member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario;
- every former Liberal Member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario who was a member of the Liberal Caucus immediately prior to the time when he or she ceased to be a Member of the Legislative Assembly;
- every Liberal Member of the House of Commons elected from an Ontario electoral district;
- every former Liberal Member of the House of Commons elected from an Ontario electoral district who was a member of the Liberal Caucus immediately prior to the time when he or she ceased to be a Member of the House of Commons;
- the Liberal candidate in each electoral district or, where there is no candidate, the immediate past candidate;
- every past Leader of the Ontario Liberal Party if he or she resides in Ontario;
- every past Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada if he or she resides in Ontario; and
- every past President of each of the following, if he or she resides in Ontario:
- Ontario Liberal Association;
- Liberal Party in Ontario;
- Ontario Liberal Party;
- Liberal Party of Canada (Ontario); and
- Ontario Young Liberals.
8.24 Every member of the Ontario Liberal Party who has paid the meeting fee shall be entitled to attend the meeting.