2019 Ontario Liberal Party AGM June 7-9, 2019, International Centre, Mississauga
Now more than ever, you have the power to shape the future of the Ontario Liberal Party. Register to attend the 2019 Ontario Liberal Party Annual General Meeting now and save big before May 10.
In accordance with Article 8 of the Constitution of the Ontario Liberal Party, the OLP Executive Council has set Friday June 7th, 2019, at 4:00 pm or as soon thereafter as possible as the time for the commencement of the 2019 Ontario Liberal Party Annual General Meeting (“AGM”), continuing through Sunday, June 9th, 2019. The meeting will take place in Mississauga, Ontario at the International Centre (6900 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1E8).
The early rate for delegates and alternates is $375.00 regular, $200.00 for seniors 65 years and above, $200.00 for youth 25 years and below, $100.00 for students and $1000.00 for observation tickets, if payment is received at the office of the Ontario Liberal Party no later than May 10th, 2019.
Please note: there will be no exceptions to this deadline. After May 10th, 2019, the fee for delegates and alternates will be $450.00 regular, $275.00 for seniors, $275.00 for youth and $125.00 for students. The rate for observers is $1,200.00.
Agenda – First Look
Note: All sessions, timing and locations are subject to change. Voting procedures for constitutional amendments and candidate elections may also cause the agenda to change.
Friday, June 7, 2019
|5:30 pm – 9:30 pm||Registration|
|6:00 pm – 6:45pm||Provincial Council|
|6:45 pm – 7:15 pm||Opening Ceremonies|
|7:15 pm – 8:00 pm||Honouring Our Past|
|8:00 pm – 8:30 pm||Address by Interim Leader|
|8:30 pm – 9:30 pm||Welcome Reception|
Saturday, June 8, 2019
|7:30 am – 10:30 am||Registration|
|8:00 am – 9:30 am||Executive Council Speeches|
|9:30 am – 12:30 pm||Constitutional Amendments|
|11:00 am – 7:00 pm||Voting for Executive Council Elections|
|12:30 pm – 2:30 pm||Working Lunch – Plenary Session #1
Volunteer of the Year, In Memoriam
|2:45 pm – 4:15 pm||Regional Meetings – To find out which region your riding is now in, visit: https://ontarioliberal.ca/1310-2/|
|4:20 pm – 5:00 pm||Plenary Session #2|
|5:00 pm – 6:30 pm||Red Trillium Club Reception|
Sunday, June 9, 2019
|8:00 am – 11:00 am||Voting for Executive Council Elections|
|8:00 am – 8:45 am||Ontario Women’s Liberal Commission AGM|
|9:00 am – 11:00 am||Policy Workshops|
|11:30 am||AGM Closing Ceremonies and Announcement of Executive Council Election Results|
|April 18||Last date to notify OLP office of your DEM date and location|
|May 3||Last date to hold a Delegate Election Meeting|
|May 8||Deadline to submit proposed constitutional amendments to the Secretary of the Ontario Liberal Party|
|May 10||Deadline to qualify for early bird delegate rates. NOTE: Payment must be received by this date, after which delegate fees will increase. Note that there will be NO EXCEPTIONS to the cut-off date for the early fee, so please ensure you hold your DEM well before May 10th so that your delegates have time to register for the early fee.|
|May 17||Deadline to file written notice the Executive Director of the Ontario Liberal Party declaring candidacy for an Executive Council position. ALSO deadline to submit the name of riding’s Volunteer of the Year, and In Memoriam (if applicable)|
|May 21||Deadline to get the special rate for hotel rooms at The Westin Toronto Airport Hotel. Reservations may be made by calling 866-837-5184.|
Delegate Election Meetings
The provisions of the OLP Constitution outlining who may attend the AGM as a delegate are set out below this section.
All Provincial Liberal Association (PLA) Presidents are required to call their Delegate Election Meeting (DEM) before the deadline date and are encouraged to do so as early as possible. To call a DEM, Presidents must notify David Hehn (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the OLP office of the date and location at least two weeks in advance, and the will notify the association’s membership.
Immediately following your riding’s Delegate Election Meeting, the PLA President must submit a Delegate Election Report. Please note that in accordance with the OLP Constitution, Presidents of recognized riding associations are automatically ex-officio delegates to the OLP AGM. Therefore, you do not need to submit your name for a delegate position at your Delegate Election Meeting.
For scripts and other materials required to hold DEMs, please contact David Hehn, email@example.com.
Seeking election as an Officer
Pursuant to section 8.17 of the OLP Constitution, any person who wishes to seek election at the AGM as an Officer must, on or before Friday, May 17, 2019 at 11:59 pm, deliver written notice to the Executive Director of the Ontario Liberal Party. Such notice must include:
- the person’s name, residential address, email address, and telephone number;
- such other address of the person seeking to be nominated to which he/she prefers notices and communications to be mailed or delivered;
- the telephone number at which the person seeking to be nominated or his/her agent can be reached during ordinary business hours;
- the office for which such person seeks nomination; and
- the riding(s) in which he/she holds membership in the Ontario Liberal Party.
Pursuant to section 16.4 of the OLP Constitution, any member who wishes to propose an amendment to the Constitution must submit the proposed amendment to the Secretary of OLP on or before Wednesday, May 8, 2019. Proposed amendments sent prior to midnight on that date by email to AGM2019@ontarioliberal.ca will be considered to have been received on time by the Secretary.
Delegates and Attendees
The following excerpts are from the Ontario Liberal Party Constitution, outlining who may attend the Ontario Liberal Party Annual General Meeting, as a delegate or member.
8.13 The following persons shall be entitled to accreditation as elected delegates:
- fifteen (15) delegates elected by each constituency association in addition to the constituency association President, of whom:
- at least three (3) shall be under the age of twenty-six (26) and, if there is an Ontario Young Liberal Club affiliated with the constituency association, these three (3) delegates shall be elected by the Ontario Young Liberal Club; and, in addition,
- at least three (3) shall be women; and, in addition,
- at least three (3) shall be men;
- five (5) delegates elected by each Ontario Young Liberal Student Club; and,
- two (2) delegates elected by each Women’s Liberal Club recognized by the Executive Council, provided that the delegate and electors are members in good standing of the Ontario Liberal Party.
8.14 For each delegate elected, the association or organization that elected the delegate may also elect an alternate delegate.
8.15 Each of the following shall be entitled to accreditation as delegates ex-officio if he or she is a member in good standing of an Affiliated Association:
- the President of each constituency association;
- the President of each Ontario Young Liberal Riding Club;
- the President of each Ontario Young Liberal Student Club;
- the President of each Women’s Liberal Club;
- every member of Provincial Council, who is not otherwise accredited; (see sections 6.1 and 6.2)
- the members of the Executive of the Ontario Young Liberals;
- the five Table Officers of the Ontario Women’s Liberal Commission;
- every Liberal Member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario;
- every former Liberal Member of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario who was a member of the Liberal Caucus immediately prior to the time when he or she ceased to be a Member of the Legislative Assembly;
- every Liberal Member of the House of Commons elected from an Ontario electoral district;
- every former Liberal Member of the House of Commons elected from an Ontario electoral district who was a member of the Liberal Caucus immediately prior to the time when he or she ceased to be a Member of the House of Commons;
- the Liberal candidate in each electoral district or, where there is no candidate, the immediate past candidate;
- every past Leader of the Ontario Liberal Party if he or she resides in Ontario;
- every past Leader of the Liberal Party of Canada if he or she resides in Ontario; and
- every past President of each of the following, if he or she resides in Ontario:
- Ontario Liberal Association;
- Liberal Party in Ontario;
- Ontario Liberal Party;
- Liberal Party of Canada (Ontario); and
- Ontario Young Liberals.
8.24 Every member of the Ontario Liberal Party who has paid the meeting fee shall be entitled to attend the meeting.